Thursday, January 15, 2009

Beautiful day

Yesterday morning Micah and I had some friends over to play. Kelly and her son Luke came. It was so nice to chat with Kelly but in talking, I realized that Micah isn't the smartest boy his own age, although I think he's still smart. Luke is a month older than Micah, but can recognize every letter of the alphabet. I know that this shouldn't bother me...."Every child develops differently," But I work SO hard!! I mean ALL of my day is spent with Micah....teaching, reading, playing, learning. I guess I'm just a little irritated. I'm sorry, but that's my vent for the day.
We knew that yesterday would be the warmest day for a while, so we enjoyed it. We spent over 2 hours in the yard yesterday afternoon. We are already ready for spring to come, but until then, we put on our jackets and enjoyed a beautiful day. I promise you, this boy would be totally different if we'd let him live outside. When he's outside he's happy, plays alone, (sometimes) and even obeys (most of the time.) I asked Stacy to let us move somewhere where Micah could live outside. He said No. So, I guess we'll just have to deal with unhappiness until spring!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Laura McBryar said...

HA- beautiful day- you are too funny. It's been cold ALL week. We haven't even gone out to recess because it's been so cold. It looks like he had lots of fun outside though!

Josh and Donna said...

he's such a cute lil' boy! and cuteness is way more important than smartness. :o)