Friday, June 19, 2009

Boo Boo Boy

We have been so busy during the past few weeks I feel like I haven't had time to blog. We've celebrated birthdays, worked numerous events, spent time with friends, swam, swam and swam some more.

Our family has had a once a week "Family Swim" for as long as I can remember. Anyone and everyone is invited. Everyone gets to catch up on the going ons and the children have a blast playing with one another. I look forward to it every week because if I haven't said it before I Love to swim! Today was a family swim day we began this morning and didn't end until everyone was just beat. Today was fun, but I had a major Micah scare. Micah is a Tough boy. He hardly ever gets hurt, but he is known to get into a little trouble every now and then. He is Very Inquisitive! I (along with everyone else) tend to keep a close watch on him. Today I watched as he and a cousin walked near the pool pump, and behind a storage bin. I was thinking to myself that Micah would escape and the cousin would follow, so I was relieved to see them return. In the blink of an eye Rowan who is surly our family's best chance at having a future ball player picked up and threw a rock....it hit Micah in the head. It did crack his head and it bled a good bit. Next to throw up, blood is the worst thing for me, so I was feeling a little sick.... Daphne, Mama, and Martha took care of him, cleaned him and assured me that there would be no need for stitches. Daddy, on the other hand wants me to cut his hair so that it will heal! That probably stressed me as much as the accident itself. I Love Micah's hair. I want it to grow, not chop it all off! Micah is fine and only cried for maybe a minute. Although I think that he might have been in a little pain (his head is as hard as a rock) I think he was surprised. Here's the Boo Boy himself :)

1 comment:

Daphne said...

Thank you for not posting any pictures of me at the pool. We can still be friends!