Tuesday, November 10, 2009

UGA Football

UGA football is one of my favorite things! I LOVE going to Athens on game day. There are wonderful smells and excitement everywhere. As long as you're wearing Red or black you'll find friends wherever you go. I used to have season tickets, but when the donation requirement was raised, I had to opt out. I have a wonderful uncle who has been a season ticket holder for forever and he VERY kindly passed his tickets on to our family last week. We jumped at the chance to go see the Dawgs play between the hedges. Even though this hasn't been one of our best seasons by far, I would Never turn down the chance to see a game. Plus Micah hadn't been to a real game yet. We've taken him to picture days, and even to the G Day game during the spring, but EVERYTHING about game day is different! Have I mentioned that I LOVE it?
Stacy and I had a date night on Friday night and Micah spent the night at The Rent's house. We picked him up early Saturday morning and headed to Athens. We tailgated with some friends and had a fun time before heading the the UGA bookstore.

My Uncle's seats are GREAT seats, although my first year's season ticket seats will Always be my favorite, there isn't a bad seat in the house (at least of the ones that I've sat in) We all enjoyed a Home Coming whopping of Tennessee Tech and are very thankful that we got to go! GOOO DAWGS!!
As we were leaving the game I asked Micah if he had fun, and he said yes. Then I asked him what his favorite thing was and he said "dancing with that girl." He and Peyton became the best of friends and sang and danced at the tailgate party.....So for now on, maybe we'll just let Micah party outside the gates :)

No comments: