Saturday, June 12, 2010

Summer Favorites

My doctor told me that it wouldn't be a good idea to go on a family vacation in July this year. He told me that if you have a baby out of state that you'd have to stay in that state for 6 weeks. Is that true? My main concern would be that my insurance wouldn't cover the birth. I cried anyway. I Really wanted to go. Since he didn't think it was a good idea, we decided to just stay home.
So far the summer has been full of my favorite things like the swimming pool and watermelon. I doesn't get much better than that in GA. For 8 days in a row Micah and I enjoyed swimming at the Rent's. Ms. Martha and Hannah joined us every day until they left for vacation. We had a lot of fun.
I was planning on having Micah take swim lessons this year, but before I knew it, the pool was opened and I bought him another floating suit. I didn't know if teaching him to swim this year would be a good idea, with me being extra round and all. But last Monday I took his swimsuit top off just to see if he could touch the bottom of the pool, and on his tip tip toes he could!! (He's a little short) Anyway, last Monday and Tuesday I worked with him on swimming and tried to teach him the best that I could. I think he did okay. Then on Friday we had family swim. He was trying to fill up a bucket of water and fell into the water without his float top on, in the Deep End, and He swam!! I was so surprised. I did go into the deep end and bring him in the shallow end, but I was thrilled! Maybe by the end of summer he'll be an expert, but until then I'm still keeping a close eye on him!








No comments: