Wednesday, November 14, 2012

At it again

I wanted to do something fun with Micah's class for Thanksgiving. I love the thankful turkeys and always look forward to see what Micah is thankful for year after year. One day last week I got it in my head that I would go make those with them. Also one day last week was PACT day. It stands for Parents and Children Teaching. For a half an hour during the middle of the day the parents could go to the school and help with the lesson. I asked Aiden to babysit and I headed to the school. No one else came, which doesn't surprise me anymore. When I got there they were making a list of the things that they were thankful for.  They said family, dog, cat, fish, (then MIcah got excited and told me that he was going to say God) Someone beat him to it, so when it was his turn he said Rainbows...... So interesting, but it made the cut, unlike president. I got to help Micah and his friends with a math problem about pilgrims and indians. I talked with Ms. Greene and learned that they were already doing a thankful turkey. So change of plans.... I searched for something that might be fun for them and came up with a "Thanksgiving Story Bracelet." Here's the poem that told them what the colors stood for.



They turned out cute. Only one child didn't make one. He had a major break down. He cried very loudly, threw some things and had to leave the classroom. It was quite a sight. I have never been one to complain, but I feel so bad for the class (they see this daily) and I feel bad for the poor teachers. It's sad. I did send the principal a very nice email. She responded back very quickly and said that she was at a conference and would Call me that evening. I was NERVOUS! I didn't know what she would say, but I wanted to let her know that I am concerned about Micah's safety. She did indeed call me. We talked for 30 minutes. She assured me that they were taking every step that they could in having the child placed where he needs to be. She was So nice and seriously all but offered me a job at her school. She informed me that she just filled one position, and will be hiring another in the near future. What a compliment, and to think I was scared.......

No comments: