Thursday, July 23, 2009

French Festival Fun

The French Festival takes place the weekend after the 4th of July in the town of Cape Vincent. It's a sweet little festival filled with pastries for Stacy, (which for some reason I can't find the picture of right now) a parade, and lots of fun. We begin our day early so that we can make it to the Fire station before they sell out of French pastries. This year it was rainy so, not as many people came early. The pastries normally are sold out by 9-10 in the morning, but this year they lasted until after lunch.

As the morning began, the sky was black. Then the rain came. It was off and on until late in the day. We even took our ponchos (thanks to Martha for buying them) to the parade at 2. Here's Napoleon leading the parade.


Micah Loved the parade but kept saying, "They're not going to get me?" For the longest time I couldn't figure out what in the world he was talking about (because he asked that about nearly everyone who went by) But I figured that it had something to do with a gypsy at the Renaissance Festival saying that she would take him. French Festival....Renaissance Festival...I' don't know :)
We don't go to a lot of parades, mostly just the Dacula Memorial Day Parade. As far as candy goes, this parade has Dacula beat by a TON! As far as bands go, these are some fun ones, but as far as everything else goes, it's really different :) Martha payed Hannah to babysit Micah on Saturday so that we could play. Stacy napped, or watched tv or something while Martha and I had a fun time downtown :) I was most thankful that Martha offered Hannah, but I knew that I could make it well worth her while with a sweet treat....Here's what she choose!
The Best $1 I've ever spent! Micah LOVED this balloon yo yo!
Here's our afternoon photo shoot...some turned out okay. What do you think? Oh yeah, it was a bit windy, not to mention Micah needs a hair cut!
My favorite boys!
Isn't this a Beautiful view?

1 comment:

Josh and Donna said...

i like the pic of micah by the statue, so sweet!