Monday, June 20, 2011

What we've been up to

I feel like we have been SO busy, but I have No idea what we've been doing. Some days seen to fly by, others seem to drrraaaggg. I just uploaded some pics to help me figure out what in the world we've been doing this summer.
We go to the pool at least 2-3 times a week. Sometimes more. Patton likes the pool and enjoys splashing around. I, on the other hand sometimes enjoy going to the pool during nap time. I lay Patton down and Micah and I have a good ol' time. Micah learned to swim by himself last year which was a HUGE blessing, being that I was very round and all. This year Micah only needed to be in the pool a hand full of times before he had it down pat again. He swims all over the shallow end by himself, but has yet to jump of the diving board without a life jacket on. He is a little fish swiming under the water. During the school year, every day Micah would ask "Is this a school day?" During the summer he asks "Are we going to the pool today?" At least he does take after me a little bit :)

A couple of weeks ago Sarah and Noah met us and hung at the pool for a while. I just get a kick out of seeing Sweet P with other babies.

Last week Micah attended Vacation Bible Camp. He had a great time. Every day he was worn out, but he had a great time learning new songs, and playing with new friends. The last day of Bible School, Micah got to go up on the stage in front of everyone to hold and help with "Alice the Camel." Here he is looking all grown up. He is a handful, but man I love this boy!

We have joked since we moved here that we have an umbrella over us. It can be raining, storming, or snowing all around us, but we'll not even get a drop here. Last week there were a couple of afternoons that surrounding areas got a good bit of rain. Finally we got lucky and got some. We were outside (surprise surprise) when it began to rain. I told Micah that we needed to go inside so that we wouldn't get soaked. He obeyed. Then I began to think that the poor boy never gets to play in the rain, because we just don't get enough. I told him that he could play in the rain. He put on his rain boots, rode his bike, splashed in puddles, and was SO happy. He played for 30 minutes (as long as the rain came down;)

Party Jumps is in full swing. We have been since February. Saturday we had a couple of parties, followed by a double party for Christian and Ethan that night. It was supposed to be a pool party, but it got rained out. We had to leave early to pick up our slide during the middle of the storm. We returned for cake and presents. Look how big theses boys are getting! 15 and 10!!

Oh yeah, and I finally got a pic of P's bottom teeth :) Remember he also has his top fangs :)

Yesterday was Father's Day. We celebrated the day by cleaning and drying the slide. We took Daddy to lunch at O'Charley's, set up a moonwalk, and swam with Daph and fam. Nut is at Super Wow and Mama was in the country. It was by far not the best Father's Day ever, but at least we got a chance to spend time with the fam:) I am Very Thankful that I have a wonderful Daddy. Sometimes, being that we are business partners we have our rough times but I don't know what I'd do without him! Here's my Daddy, and my Baby Daddy.

No comments: