Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Fruit Fruit and more Fruit

I have to give a shout out to the BEST next door neighbor in the world.....CASSIO!! He is the produce manager at Ingles and supplies our family with extra food often. Once a week he brings us bread.... I'm not talking just loaf bread either. Yes, there is always loaf bread, but he brings, hamburger and hot dog buns and rolls of all kinds. If you EVER see me buying bread at the store, that means either Cassio is out of town or sick. Now yes the bread is good and helps out a lot, but on Monday he brought Fresh Fruit! I LOVE FRUIT! (and so does Micah) I think I could go on a fruit diet, but it's just so expensive. Anyway, Micah and I have been eating yummy breakfasts this week.... I'm talking cantaloupe, watermelon, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, honeydew.... you name it. Thank you to Cassio!! But speaking of fruit, I planted watermelons again this year. I took last year off due to Micah being so small. This year he helps me water them and I'm sure when they're ripe in 2+ months, he'll enjoy eating them with me as well. I also began my strawberry patch this year. I planted some of my Grandmother's strawberries.... but they are not happy at all. Maybe I'll ask Micah to help me water them :) On to our blueberries.... Micah has been anxiously awaiting for the berries to be blue.... and this morning we found 10!!! He was so happy and gobbled them up! We found 7 pears on our pear tree, 3 plums on our plum tree and NO apples on out apple tree. My favorite fruit of all times HAS to be WATERMELON! What is yours?

2 comments:

Josh and Donna said...

well. i can't pick one fave. i like strawberries, watermelon, kiwi and canteloupe. i want a cassio!

Unknown said...

Seriously Donna! Everyone needs their own Cassio!!