Monday, June 23, 2008

Time for work and time for play

Micah has been asking to ride the tractor for several days and the grass needed to be cut. I knew that I wouldn't be able to put him off much longer, so first thing this morning Micah and I cut the grass. It takes us between 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours on our tractor. (Not including weed eating and edging) (Those are Stacy's jobs) Therefore as soon as the grass was cut, Micah was ready for a nap. Stacy worked real hard this weekend sanding on the inside of our house, he spackled some holes that he knocked in with a hammer where our lazy builder left big knots. So on Sunday for several hours Micah and I were outside while spackle was flying all inside. (I know it is going to take months to clean) In the long run I know that it will be much better. I mean, who knows how long we'll be in this house. When we bought 4 years ago, our plan was to stay in this house for 5 years. And now with the economy the way that it is, we may retire here and even die here! Let's just hope not!! Well, all this was done in preparation for paint. This is what I did today. After I was done cutting the grass and Micah was fast asleep in his little bed, I began to paint our bedroom. The color is a brownish gray color, it looks really nice (with only one wall painted so far) All I had time to do was one wall. Then I heard Micah beginning to wake up. And just as I was cleaning up my paint materials I heard a knock at the door. I figured it was my neighbor (maybe with fruit) But it was even better! My bestest friend in t he Whole Wide World Sarah stopped by for a visit. It was short, but sweet! I love her dearly and she made my day! Today was filled with lots of work and a little fun too.... Oh yeah tonight we had Scoops! Yea!!!

2 comments:

Matt and Kim said...

Do ya'll live in Bethlehem? I can't remember!

Jeremy and Laura McBryar said...

I miss you guys so much. I look at your blog almost every day to see if you have updated it. I feel like I am missing out. Sigh.... I will be home Saturday. -Nut