Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Decisions Decisions

I am so ready to put Micah into a Real Big Boy Bed. I just feel like he, at 2 1/2 is a little big for a toddler bed...Maybe it's just me. We were very smart though and bought the whole convertable crib thing. Thinking back, I should have skipped the whole toddler bed rail and just made his crib straight into a Full size bed, but it only cost us $60...so it's not that bad. Well now some big decisions need to be made. What kind of mattress (mattresses are expensive!) And what kind of bedding (the most important) I know that Micah won't be picky at all! I know that I want him to have a quilt and not a comforter....I know that I want it to have blue in it. (We missed having the whole blue thing because Micah has a Georgia Bulldog room) I love his room now, but I'm ready for a change. If we had unlimited funds he would have a Pottery Barn Kids room from ceiling to floor (I just Love their stuff....but it's just SO expensive) Therefore we either settle for just having the bedding (which is expensive too) or but something similar. I just want it to last. I don't want it to be cheaply made, and I want him to be able to grow with it. I don't want to HAVE to change his whole room in 3 years because he's now 5. So should I spend the money and buy something that I know will last and that I Really likeOr should I just settle for this less expensive one that will do the job?

Any opinions will be very helpful!!

5 comments:

Matt and Kim said...

I always go cheaper! YOu can get so much more for so much less! I sound like a TJ Max or Ross commercial!

Misti said...

Have you tried Pottery Barn Outlet? I'm pretty sure there's one in Dawsonville. Then you could have the best of both worlds. I totally get you on the Pottery Barn thing, BTW. I would do my entire house in PB if we had the money. Especially Jonathan's room. Love it!

Cecilia said...

A lot of the consignment sales are coming up, maybe you could find PB there? I know my mom has found my niece nice things there! Our Craigslist also has a lot of PB stuff too, not sure how good the Ga one is though.

Hildreth Family said...

Miraim, I love PB as well, but for Karson's room (and soon to be Kamden's too), I bought comforters at Target. I was very impressed with the quality, and he's had it on his bed for a year and a half now, and it still looks new. Granted, I don't let him jump on the bed, and It is usually folded at the end of the bed, but has held up well. I'm not sure which brand it is at Target, but they are the blue comforters with cars and trucks on them. Hope this helps you out.

Unknown said...

Thank you all for the opinions!! I greatly appreciate all of your help! Kim, you crack me up! There are a ton of things that I go cheap on, but I want my bedding to last and you never know with cheap bedding! Misti, I had NO idea there was a PB outlet...I will check it out for sure! Cecilia, I have not had good luck buying from consignment sales....Maybe it's because I have a boy instead of a girl, but maybe it's because if I'm buying something that's used I think it should be cheaper. And no luck on Craigslist...I've looked. Kerri, choice number 2 is from Target...It's Tiddliwinks, but the problem is I can't find it in stores, so I can't even see it in real life before buying it. But if you've had good luck with yours...then it's def. an option! Thank you all again for your input!!