Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Shower Fun

I have some wonderful family and friends. When my dear sweet sister Daphne offered to throw me a baby shower, I was SO excited. I sold the majority of Micah's things thinking that we'd have an only child. So I was very happy to have a shower to celebrate PBR. Some of my dear friends and family came. I got a lot of fun things and was able to check some things off my list of needs :) Poor Daphne has been sick for several weeks now, I felt so bad for her. But she did a WONDERFUL job! She had some fun games to play, and yummy food too.

My other dear sister Laura was in charge of the cake. I thought it would be fun to have a belly cake, but was SO happy with the way this cake turned out and tasted too. It was so moist and yummy.


BTW don't I look cute? With flip flops and all :)


There are not very many preggo pics of me. I do not at all feel like one of those beautiful glowing pregnant women. I feel extra fat, hot, and miserable a lot of the time. But when My bestest friend in the whole wide world (who is also with child) wanted a pic of the two of us pregnant, I didn't say no. So here we are. Note: Sweet Sarah is only 20 weeks and I'm 38 hence the major size difference ;)

A major Thank you goes out to the shower hostesses and ALL of you who attended the shower! I love you all and am lucky to have you in my life :)

4 comments:

Misti said...

You look beautiful! I'm glad you had a good shower. Can't wait to "meet" PBR (and find out what his name his!).

Cecilia said...

You are glowing! I'm glad you had a good shower and your cake is one of the cutest I've seen.

sarahandkyle said...

That cake was the cutest ever! And by the way, the picture of you and me doesn't show where one belly ends and the other ends. I can't wait to meet PBR!

Daphne said...

I love the belly picture!!! I can't believe I missed that! You look beautiful! The countdown is on... I can't wait to meet the little guy.