Tuesday, October 12, 2010

You Guessed it!

I have gallstones! :( I am So sad. Although I have learned a lot during the last week+ I still have so many unanswered gallbladder questions. After seeing the Dr. at the Urgent Care place, he sent me to have an ultrasound done on my gallbladder. I was told that I have several stones. I don't know what several means. I also don't know the size of these stones. I was most upset when I was told to avoid milk, (I had been making my own smoothies for breakfast EVERY morning) leafy greens, (I can't eat salad?) and any fatty, fried, greasy foods (although I understand, it's hard). Imagine how hard that is! Especially with a new baby. My babies like most always have a rough time between 5-7, right when I should be cooking. For the past 6 weeks, it's been a whole lot easier to eat out than to have to cook! When I did more research, I found that other triggers are processed foods, (which apparently we eat way too much off) eggs, pretty much every meat other than chicken, turkey, and filet mignon. Every single website is different. Some say corn is fine, the next one says Avoid corn. This is the same for ALMOST every food excluding pears and cucumbers. Although I've said a hundred times, that if I could be on The Biggest Looser, I'd win. This is TOTALLY different. I mean, I can't even eat salad? I have been living on turkey sandwiches, with no cheese and no mayo, and boring ol' grilled chicken for the past week+. Right now I dread meal times, and normally I LOVE eating.
On Saturday between inflatable rentals Stacy took me to Roadhouse Grill where I ordered a Delicious Filet Mignon, baked potato, and a salad! My stomach is shrinking for sure, because I couldn't even eat half of my steak! I ate the salad, and nothing happened. I have yet to have another attack, but dread having one. That's why I've really been watching what I've been eating. I would rather not have to have my gallbladder removed if I don't have to. I dread the lifelong side effects that it Could cause, but if I have to have it removed then I have to have it removed. I went to my PCP today and will be referred to a surgeon. That way, if I do decide to have it removed I won't have to have some ER doctor do it. I was told today that every person with gallstones is different. Some only have one attack ever in their life, some have them very often, and some are not so frequent. I wish I knew I I'd ever have another one before removing mine.
I really really REALLY just want to be able to eat REAL foods and drink orange juice, and smoothies. I miss Chick-fil-A, Chili's, Chinese, and Mexican. I may take a risk and see what happens. What do you think?

2 comments:

Misti said...

I'm not sure what the side effects of having it removed are. I had mine removed 3 weeks after Jboy was born & haven't changed any eating habits. Granted, I should change them anyway, but still. I don't feel I've experienced any ill effects from it. Just my two cents. ;D

Cecilia said...

I haven't had gallbladder pain, but I've been through liver pain and I know how not fun that is. I don't think I could live in the South and avoid Chick-fil-a though. I don't have that much willpower. Feel better!