Monday, March 2, 2009

If all the snowflakes were candy bars and milkshakes

Oh what a snow that would be! Living in Georgia all of my life I could probably count on my hands the number of times that I've seen this much snow in my life. When I hear snow is in the forecast....I laugh. This time I was proved wrong. We had lunch at Mama's house and I let Micah play there. He wasn't dressed for snow in any way, but thank goodness I keep warm things like hats and coats in the car....And thank goodness for Mama's idea of plastic bags over the Man's black dress shoes. I have been recovering from a cold, but I wasn't going to pass up the chance to let Micah play outside, being that Uncle Jerms let us know that there would be little if any snow in Bethlehem.

My was he wrong! We got at least 4 inches....probably closer to 5. Micah was worn out after playing at the Rent's, so I told him we would play more after his nap. He slept until 5:00! It was nearly supper time, but we all wrapped up and enjoyed the snow while we could. It was COLD!!! We had snowball fights, rode on sleds, and made a snowman that had to be finished today due to a VERY cold and whinny Micah Man. I'm not a very big fan of cold, or snow for that matter, but I had a lot of fun....especially watching Micah! I began the weekend getting better from a cold, and now I have a cold times 5! I feel like if I cut my head off, I'd feel much better.... but that's what happens when you play in the snow huh? At least we had fun!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Laura McBryar said...

Look at that snowman! WOW!!!!

I sure am glad Jeremy was wrong about Barrow County. I sure needed a day off!

Kelly Ford said...

What a great snowman! I'm glad yall got out and enjoyed it... we bundled up inside and didnt even venture out till today. It sure was pretty watching it fall!!