Monday, December 13, 2010

Way Behind

I feel like I have been Way behind on my blogging recently, but I have several good excuses. The First being my surgey, second is as soon as surgery was over and we attended Micah's Thanksgiving party, Patton got sick. I'm not surprised in the least but there is NOTHING worse than having a sick child/ baby. It was awful. He still has a little bit of a runny nose, but there is nothing that you can do for a little bitty other than a humidifier and saline spray, which we do constantly.....Now there's a Christmas party this week.... Poor Patton Boy. That leads to the third reason I've been behind, when Patton got sick he passed it to me. Mine began on Black Friday. We finished about half of our shopping and even bought ourselves a TV for our Christmas, but due to the fact that I just didn't feel good, we didn't finish. Believe it or not, I am STILL shopping and Christmas is less than 2 weeks away. Thank goodness for Publix and giftcards :) My cold lasted for about 4 days. I don't like being sick at all, but one of the most miserable sicknesses is a cold.... watery eyes, runny nose, sneezing= unhappy Miriam. Lastly, as a mother of 2, I don't have very much free time at all. If I'm not feeding, changing, or holding Patton, I'm playing with Micah, or cleaning. At night time, when I finally do get to slow down and relax for a bit, I've been working on a new Blog Book. I LOVE the way the last one turned out, it's just VERY time consuming. Anyway, now that I think I'm almost caught up, I'll do better.
It's almost Christmas. I was SO hoping to get some real good pics of the boys for a Christmas card this year.... But as you can tell, I just ran out of time. I was hoping to get some good outdoor shots, but it just got TOO cold Too early. So at the last minute I decided to go to Kiddie Kandids. We used to love them when Micah was a baby. They would take a ton of pics, but narrow it to the best 6 so it wasn't so overwhelming. They would then, print your pics while you waited. I LOVED them! Apparently they went bankrupt due to the fact that their printers were SO expensive. They were bought out by Sears. They no longer print your pics while you wait. Now you wait 15 days. They now take 60+ pics, AND have increased their price as well. The good thing was I made sure that I bought a package that included a CD. I was given the CD, came home, loaded the pics, sent one to Costco.com and had my Christmas cards the next day instead of 15 days laster.....I mean that would be WAY too close! One of the good things that came out of this was.... I joined their "Baby Club." It costed $10 and it means if I wanted to go every day for the next 365 days, I could, and I'd get a free 8x10 everyday. You will not find me inside there everyday, but I WILL take advantage of it, and I'll have them take some when I go back to pick my pictures up.... I may as well go evey 15 days. :) Our photographer was not the best by far, but out of the 60+ pics, she got a handful that turned out okay. Here are the ones I like.

No comments: