Thursday, December 30, 2010

Jesus is the Reason for the Season

We had a wonderful Christmas this year. It was so fun to see Micah enjoy all of the things that go along with Christmas. He Loved the music.... All of it. He, like Stacy, Loves Christmas Villages and even got a lighthouse this year. Micah, like me is a giver and loved shopping for people. He chose some interesting things that I couldn't pass up, so I bought some things just for kicks. I was Finally able to find the Little People Nativity set this year at the right price. Micah Loved it! Tuesday Clause brought it for him and he was So excited, he even chose to take it to share day at school. Everytime he sees stars now, he says "it's the star of Jesus." I just loved him learning so much. We woke up bright and early Christmas morning and Micah was So excited. He got a scooter, a lot of books, some clothes, cars, racetrack, legos, and the list goes on. Stacy and I bought ourselves a LCD TV this year. I also got Stacy a new ipod nano, since he passed his ipod touch to Micah. I got a bread machine and some new bedding.... Love it!

After we opened gifts here, we headed to Nut's new house to celebrate.
It's always fun to have all of the family together, but it seems like it doesn't happen as much as it used to. There were a lot of presents, a lot of good food, and a lot of fun. One of the most fun things that happened this year other than the Gingerbread house competition, was something that Daddy came up with. He had all of the cousins draw names. Then he took them shopping and with $15 a piece, they got to choose what they would buy their cousin..... The key was, parents could have No say in what what was chosen and the ages range from 3 to 14..... (I chose for Patton) Some funny gifts were given like this pink bird thing...
But the best story was what Micah got for Christian. As soon as Micah drew his name, he knew exactly what he wanted to get him.... walkie talkies. For some reason when Daddy and Micah went to Target they could not find any walkie talkies, so what Micah came home with was (keep in mind Chistian is 14) a rubber Toy Story ball, a school bus book on wheels, a wooden toy tow truck, a magic 8 ball, and two other games. I have a feeling Micah was thinking of things that he would enjoy, not Christian. We ended up returning those "gifts" and exchanging them for the walkie talkies that he wanted to give him all along. We had so much fun with this.
Here are the sisters
And the cousins minus Patton
The Robinsons
Nut in her mask of many wears
The Rents
Daddy and Patton
The Whole Fam
And the owl. Nut and Jerms had the owl last year, and it brought them a new house. 2010 has to be the roughest year that I've ever had in my life, I was SO thinking that The Robinsons would get the owl this year. I mentioned it to Nut several times, but the Rosburys got it instead. Here is Rowan and the owl.... I'm still really sad (can you tell?) Good luck to the Rosburys!

No comments: