Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekend Recap

Party Jumps business has been in FULL swing since the middle of Feb. Most weekends we are working all weekend long. We were supposed to have an event at Norcross High School this past Saturday, but it was canceled due to not having the right permits..... Hmmmm Someone wasn't prepared, but you're not hearing me complain! It was Really Really nice to have the whole day off to do anything we wanted to do. Plus it was absolutly beautiful. We spent a LONG time at Harbins park. Love that park!
We finally decided to leave when both boys cheeks were so red I couldn't stand it any more. On the way to the car we ran into our next door neighbors. Micah was so sad that we couldn't stay to play with Bryce and Ashlyn :(
After a good 10 minutes of being in the car, everyone had cooled off. Little did we know, but Stacy had plans. We used over a half of tank of gas and drove all over the place...... Looking at houses!
Stacy and I chose the house that we live in 7 years ago when we got married. It's a sweet
little house perfect for 2. We live in a neighborhood, but it is very small. We have 1 1/2 acres. The yard is perfect, the house..... not so much. It is just too small. I know this is far from a sellers market, and I KNOW that we wouldn't even be able to break even. We have made SO many upgrades to our humble abode, but when the prices in the area decline, everything does. We've thought about selling, we've thought about possibly renting it out. I'm not a picky person. I'd be happy with one more room. Although my dream home is just a basic ranch on a basement. A basement alone would solve a lot! Anyway, we found several homes that we liked. 1 was brand new, but was a little out there..... 2 were lived in, both in nice neighborhoods, and 1 was empty, but would need a little work. WE can do the work! I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty! Stacy REALLY liked the house. We found a house in the same neighborhood about 2 years ago. It was a short sale, we even talked with a realtor about selling our house. I got scared, backed out, end of story. Who knows what will happen. I'm not going to get my hopes up at all. I do know that even if we bought ANY of the houses that we looked at, although we'd have a lot more room, we'd save a lot more money..... Hmmmm
After spending most of the afternoon driving from house to house, we let Micah choose were to go for supper. He chose The Flying Machine. It was perfect. We sat outside and were able to see 2 airplanes and a helicopter take off. Micah was in Heaven. He was outside, eating, and watching airplanes.
My experience, not so good! We hadn't been there very long before I got stung :( It hurt SO bad. It burned for the rest of the night....
Other than the sting we had a wonderful Saturday spending time with our little family :)

No comments: