Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Perfect Attendance?

Daphne graduated high school and NEVER missed a day of school. She had perfect attendance throughout elementary, middle, and high school. It's hard for me to believe. I had perfect attendance during elementary and middle, but by the time high school rolled around, I was finished with school. I participated in every skip day that there was, and was even involved in the marketing program so that I only had go to school for half of the day, and I got to go to work for during the afternoon for school credit. I have been wondering whose footsteps Micah would follow. The boy Loves school. He even asks to go on the weekends. It is a good thing, because Micah is the last person you ever want to argue with about doing something......
Well there will be no perfect attendance this year. Today at 11:15, I got a call. Being that it was a Winder number, I assumed that it was a moonwalk call. I was wrong. It was Micah's school telling me that he was sick. He had a fever of 101.8, was complaining of a sore throat, and a headache. We have a Dr. appt this afternoon. He is pale, has bloodshot eyes, and is miserable. Patton woke up with a fever this am, so I figured, why not have them both checked out. So along with Riley, we'll head to the Dr. and hopefully get some answers. Wish me luck. The rule is "If you leave school because of a fever, you can not come back for 24 hours." That means my little buddy will be home tomorrow as well. Ready or not!

Side note- Micah's class got book buddies. They are in the first grade :)
Me: Do you like your book buddy?
Micah: I think so.
Me: Did he read you a book?
Micah: Kind of. He couldn't really read.
Me: Is he not a really good reader?
Micah: Not really.
Me: Did you have to help him.
Micah: He didn't know some of the words, but I didn't help him. 

No comments: