Tuesday, December 2, 2008

On 2nd day of December....

Tuesday Clause brought to me some scrapbook paper, shower gel, and lotion. Micah got 2 Curious George books and a toy bulldozer, Stacy got a sweet little house to begin his Christmas village and a calendar.
A lot of you friendly readers probably already know the story of "Tuesday Clause" but for those of you who don't....here it goes. I'm not sure exactly when it began, I do know that I was young. Daddy, who plays "Tuesday Clause" began giving small presents each Tuesday in the month of December leading up to Christmas. If I can remember correctly he began to do this because Mama did all of our present shopping...He wanted to get us something, so he decided to do it in a little different way. Some of the things I have gotten in the past have been Christmas socks, cups, yo yos, things he's picked up at various trade shows that he'd attended....the list goes on and on. I was very lucky today to receive a small sized yummy smelling lotion and shower gel. All of the Sims sisters have loved this tradition and have carried it into our own homes (yes even Jerms is participating this year) Now, like I said before when Daddy began this, it was always nick-knacks that he had picked up throughout the year....very little, if any money was spent. The problem is, Stacy and I spend a little bit of money on our gifts. That is how I got that HUGE stack of scrapbook paper, and how Stacy got that village house.
I have to share that one of the most fun things about Tuesday Clause is....In 2001 he bought everyone matching sweatshirts with Tuesday Clause on them. Under the picture was the year 2001....Since 2001, every year we have all received our original shirts back with the previous year crossed out and the new year on it (you'll have to enlarge the picture to get the full effect) Anyway, how many of you are the same size that you were in 2001? Not I!
It's a hoot of a tradition, we have a lot in our family....maybe I'll share more as Christmas gets closer.

2 comments:

Jeremy and Laura McBryar said...

YAY for Tuesday Claus... I received a box of Burt's Bees. My lips feel better already. Then at the Rent's house I got a nice ice scraper and sweeper for my car since it still lives out in the cold!

The Marlatts said...

Micah's pictures are just toooo incredibly cute for words! LOVE IT!