Friday, May 6, 2011

It's a Small World


It's that time of the year for the end of year school programs. Micah's was last night, and boy was it different from last years. Micah has grown up SO much during this school year. I'm with the boy every day so I don't notice it as much, but when I look back at old videos, or pictures....I see that my little boy is growing up SO fast. It makes me both happy and sad at the same time. I am always excited to see him learn new things and become more independent, but I just think that next year at this time I'll be registering him for elementary school! I have moxed feelings about that..... We'll see what will happen in the next year, but for now I'm enjoying my sweet little 4 year old and his ever growing couriousity.
The theme of the program this year was It's a Small World. Micah LOVED the music this year and we've been hearing songs like Diez Amigos, and Do you know the Continents for several weeks now. I was pleasantly surprised when I was told that Micah would be playing the part of George Washington. Micah is far from nervous, and did great in front of everyone. He sang the the songs that he wanted to sing because he, "wasn't supposed to sing them all." Hmmm, everyone else did. Oh well. He was as cute as could be in his costume. Everyone did an amazing job and only 1 girl out of the whole group wouldn't say her part.... Not bad if you ask me! If I haven't already said it a million times, I LOVE Micah's school. I registered him for the 5K for next year, so he has one year left..... Unless I can talk them into extending school until the 12th grade :)
Sorry there are no pics of Daddy. He came, but left before the pics began. Last night was filled with fun and excitement. We began celebrating Cinco de Mayo at El Jinete, then Micah's program, and then a delicious dessert at Scoops with Nut and Jerms. It was a perfect ending to a perfect night!

No comments: