Thursday, May 5, 2011

Numbers

Micah has learned ALOT this year at shchool and I'll talk about that later, but this year he has LOVED being able to write his letters and numbers and recognize them. He sees words everywhere and ALWAYS wants to know what the words say. There are some words that he knows and can read, he is a spelling expert. But in the past few weeks, numbers have been his thing. The other day he was SO excited to see that we got a new phone book. So excited that he asked if he could read it in the van on the way to school. The trip to school is about 20 minutes and during the ride I was given the numbers for (because he recognizes these) The Home Depot, Comcast, and Robertson Sanitation. I was also given the numbers to the tow truck, a plumber, the number for "if you have a cold and need to go to the doctor," and "how long it takes your flowers to grow." It's so much fun watching him learn, he never ceases to amaze me. I love that boy.

No comments: