Friday, December 2, 2011

Black Friday

Black Friday is one of my most favorite days of the year. I was a little upset to learn that most stores were opening well before midnight this year. Needless to say we began a whole lot earlier than the "normal" 3am. Our first stop was Toys R Us in Buford. They opened at 9, I had 4 things on my list, none of which were major deals. The line was was ALL the way to the end of the shopping strip, then at least 1/4 mile, probably more down the side street. There was NO way in the world that I was going to wait in that line.... Not to mention, by then the temperature had dropped dramatically. It was Cold! I told Stacy it was no big deal, let's just head to Commerce. We stopped at the Athens Toy Us on the way. The line was not half as long as Buford, but they were seriously only letting 10-15 people in at a time! To Commerce it was. We sat on 441 stop and go for around 45 minutes to get into the outlets. We finally found parking BEHIND the stores. I got a lot accomplished there. We ran by the dreaded Wal-Mart afterwards, they had already cleared most things and people out by the time we got there. We were able to find the 2 items we were in search of and that was a happy thing. After Wal-Mart all the rest seems like a blur. I know we hit Kohls, another Walmart to match a price, Discover Mills, Toy R Us, which had cleared out too. We got all but one of the things I was looking for with NO crowd. We stopped to eat breakfast at Waffle House, it's the one time a year we go there. We were home by 8:00am. We stayed out all night long. I do not know how long it's been since I've done that, but it was rough. We slept from 8-10:30, had lunch, and headed to pick up the boys. SO thankful that they got to spend the night at the Rent's. Micah had been asking to go to the "iPad" store for several days, so we headed to the mall. By the time we got there it was not very crowded at all. We shopped, finished all except for maybe 4-5 people, and we're almost finished.

No comments: