Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Micah, Micah, Micah

We went out to eat in Athens tonight. On the way home we slowed down because of police lights on the opposite side of the road. As we approached I saw a lot of people standing on the side of the road holding candles. I explained to Micah that there must have a car accident recently and that someone died. The people were there showing their respect for their friend or family member. He was quiet for a few minutes and then said "I wish one of our friends would get in an accident and die, so that we could stand on the side of the road with candles." In awe I asked, who would he not miss. "Who would it be okay to be in a car accident and you not ever see them again until you get to Heaven?" After I named several names of people that he loved, he decided that it would have to be our already dead cat Snowflake who we put to sleep when he was 2. I explained that people do not respond the same to animals as they would to people being killed in accidents..... He said"Well, we would." The end.

No comments: